October 2, 2026

My new non-fiction book

Undergraduate Research: An Eastern European’s Quest

Amazon Kindle Publishing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0HL75VYMW

September 2026

On the final day of the Spring Semester in mid-May 2026, following my last class taught at Ohio Northern University (ONU), I found myself sitting in my office reminiscing. On my desk rested an older Maple graphic depicting the Wigner semicircle law, a topic I had previously taught at the university. As a retiring professor with 26 years at ONU behind me, looking back at 37 senior capstone projects, 15 journal articles co-authored with undergraduates, and 40 conference presentations by student advisees, I felt it was only natural for a deep wave of nostalgia to wash over me. Above all, the overwhelming sensation I felt was a profound gratitude for my students.

This memoir chronicles the personal journey of an Eastern European mathematics educator who collaborated on undergraduate research with exceptional students at an American liberal arts college.

I wrote this book for the Ohio Northern University students who brought me immense intellectual joy and made me proud through their remarkable achievements in teaching and undergraduate research. This memoir is designed to show students and alumni the seemingly random, often serendipitous path of my life. I also hope this book will inspire the lovers of Mathematics.