December 24, 2022

Scoala cu clasele I-VIII Florin Comişel - Ploieşti (Middle School Florin Comişel)

That's the school where I was a student in grades 1 through 4 (from 1970 to 1974). 

At that time, the school name was plainly "General School Number 11". Every school recess happened in the Jupiter 6 backyard: then it seemed huge to me (although over the years my perception changed). Still, the school was very close to my home (I used to live on Jupiter 2). My classroom teacher was Mrs. Elena Nedelcu, a kind, family-oriented person.

Later, the school name changed to Florin Comişel Middle School.

Florin Comişel (1922-1985) was a Romanian composer, pianist, and director.

In context (and speaking of music): in 1972, just around the time when I was finishing the second grade, Elton John released Rocket Man.